Friday 27 June 2008

Apple for Teacher


Students,

It is sometimes nice to be appreciated (hint.) Yesterday was Wai Kru or Teacher's Day in Thailand and, to be honest, I was a little peeved that my role in this event was to sit for 2 hours hearing students eulogise in Thai while their listening tutors sobbed around me on the stage (I work at a touchy-feely girls school.) However my feelings changed when I arrived at my desk this morning to find a note from one of my students. The contents were as follows:


Happy teacher's Day.....
To: Ajhan Paul,

I'm so glad that you teach me and thank you for everything that you gave to me. You make me have more knowledge and every important things. Thank you!

From: Kawinna (Gig)


...It's almost enough to make this hardened professional shed a tear (almost.) The cynical Id in me suggests someone is fishing for a good grade, but the optimistic Ego says 'Thank you Gig.' I wish I knew who you were...

Comments? Questions? Class you may be excused.

Homework: With compliments.

x Teacher

No comments: